Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All good things must come to a beginning.

It seems to me that Spring is pretty much synonymous with change. Last year at this time I was busy perfecting my resume and interviewing for an ICU job at the VA. I was also preparing to graduate from college, travel to Africa, and move into my first apartment. I felt so excited to be on the edge of “grown up”. I figured that once all these changes took place I would be somewhat settled, stable, and extremely mature. So fast forward four seasons and here I am again in the middle of Spring in a completely different place and heading in a completely different direction. Wow. All I can say is that life is sweet and although entirely by default, I’ve discovered that life can be fuller, more expansive, and definitely more interesting than plans A, B, and/or C. Not that I don’t like having a plan, believe me I do, I just have a better understanding that my plans tend to take on themes such as “fluid”, “tentative”, and “changing”, especially as of late. Thank goodness right.

And I have stopped stressing about “following the right path”. What does that even mean? Life is about listening to our insides (I don’t like overusing heart) and doing what it is that excites, stirs, drives, and pulls us. Is it not God that places certain hopes, dreams, and passions in our heart that tend to resurface as recurring themes in life over and over again? If God is my maker, the creator of my being, how in the world could I ever make a decision in which God cannot make something good come from?

Lord you have searched me and know me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold oh Lord, you know it all together. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it…
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them. Psalm 139

No comments:

Post a Comment