Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Girls Rock!!

“What happens to the girls as they are given a temporary reprieve from being sexualized, analyzed and pressured to conform is truly moving and revolutionary” (Hot Docs)




This movie made me laugh and cry. It definitely breaks my heart that little girls are growing up so fast these days, and dealing with pressures that they shouldn’t even know about yet. I mean I remember building forts and riding my bicycle at age ten, not dieting or texting boys or considering cosmetic surgery… oh sweet little tweens.

I love what this camp stands for and I admire these rocker chicks for how they are making such a positive impact on girls. I may never be cool enough to work at a rock camp but I definitely would love to work with girls in some kind of equally supportive and empowering environment. Rock On!

No comments:

Post a Comment