Thursday, September 24, 2009

A+A take on Big Sur



Yesterday Ash and I loaded up the car and headed North up Highway one to Big Sur for our first ever annual Girl's camp out (right Ash?)! Boy did we have an adventure. After making a few stops along the way, we made it to our lovely campground. Lucky for us, they weren't at full capacity and we got to choose whatever site we pleased. We looked and looked for the perfect spot and finally decided on the most beautiful site in the whole place. The afternoon sun was streaming through the trees just right and we spent the whole rest of the afternoon setting up our beautiful campsite just so. Unfortunately, the sun went down before we had time to really explore or hike around the area, but we didn't mind. After all, we had dinner to make and s'mores to roast! Here are some pictures of our magical camping trip.


"Our fire looks so professional"


"Come and get it!"


"Shall we check the corn again?"


"Sure does shut down early around here"


"This looks like something the boys would totally eat"

Of course, the trip did have it's ups and downs. I would be lying if I said that I did not get food poisoning and did not throw up multiple times during the early hours of the morning. Yes it was a low point and we had to wrap things up earlier than expected the next morning (Or rather, Ashley did...) But overall our camping trip was a success! And I would even say that the bathroom facilities were pretty clean and accommodating for "being sick". I used almost every one in fact. And the side of my car. and a few bushes next to our tent.



Ash I love you! Thanks for the memorable camping trip. I loved telling that lady in the store how we were best friends and had been "For fifteen years" and then laughing at how that almost sounded like an old person thing to say. You bring so much fun and love and laughter into my life and I am so thankful for you. A+A forever baby!

2 comments: