Friday, September 11, 2009

sister.

sister I love you. I hope you know how much I've always loved and adored you. When we were little, I wanted to be just like you. I wanted to be a part of the babysitters club that you and your friends started in the backyard. And I wanted one of those beautiful pencils that you got if you were a babysitter. I wanted a day bed like you. And I put my stuffed animals in my window seat just like you. I remember when you fell in love with the Nelson brothers. I did too. We had their cassette tape and tried to get them to play it at Flippos one time. And we went to their concert at the mid state fair and I fell asleep. And then we both got their poster and I had dad put mine up above my bed just how you did. I think you liked the brother with the straight blonde hair and I liked the one with the more flowy hair. haha and I remember I would always end up liking whatever candy or ice cream flavor you picked better than mine. So I would pick it next time.

I found this love letter that I wrote you when I was six.






And then I found this sweet goodness.


3 comments:

  1. Amy! I'm so glad you posted your blog on facebook! I laughed so hard at the pictures and your little kid writing. I hope you were safe and fed when you got home. Thanks for sharing, I'm adding you to my blogs on googlereader.
    love,

    rika

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! i love the old pics, and especially the note you wrote me (and the teacher's comments). you were (and are still) so funny and mischievous. and you always had that cute little smirk on your face, like you were up to something. SO adorable. i love you too sis...SOOOOO much.

    ReplyDelete