Friday, September 18, 2009

Dear interview panel,

I thought we really connected the other day. The way you ladies looked at me and smiled and nodded. I honestly thought we were hitting it off. I felt so articulate and charming as I poured out my heart to you, telling you about all my experiences and projects, and how I could really find meaning and purpose in this job. That it would be more to me than just some old job. I told you that I would work extra hours, late hours, and that I would learn do my best to become an expert in this field. I told you how much I loved your organization and your mission. I actually meant it.

And my outfit. I looked cute and professional. And it killed me, but I wore the simple pearl studs instead of my prettier dangly ones. I didn’t want to be too flashy on our first date. And when I left, we were all smiling and thanking each other… the chemistry was so good. I was certain you felt it too.

It’s been over a week now, ladies, and I haven’t heard back from you. No call. No text. No email. Nothing. I got your answering machine again this afternoon and I debated in a split second whether or not to leave a message or try again later. I decided to try again Monday morning, and hope for a real human on the other end.

I braced myself for this. In fact I anticipated it. But now that it’s happening I feel so rejected, so deflated. I put myself out there. I took a chance. Frankly, I’m a little crushed. I took it personally because I am a person. So now I guess I have to get back out there. You know, start dating again… I know something even better is out there for me. And when I find it, it will be magic.

Sincerely,
Amy

Ps. If you change your mind please call me. I will forgive you and take you back xoxo

3 comments:

  1. oh lovey....you're better than her. she doesn't deserve you. now you pick up your little self and start fishing for something else in the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! i know exactly how you feel!!!! what an exciting way to put it you little writer! miss you and your sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy- you should write another letter to your employment ladies and say something like, "well, sorry for the mix up!"i am SO happy that you got the job! you deserve it, and are the best woman for it! congratulations sis- i knew those ladies were taken by you...how could they not be? you and your adorable self.

    ReplyDelete